Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
The Roseburg Education Association Faculty Representatives meet:
WHERE: Umpqua Business Center 522 SE Washington Ave, Roseburg
*Meetings currently held on Zoom
WHEN: 4:15 P.M. on the first Thursday of each month
If you wish to address the body and secure a spot on the agenda, please contact: REA President, Camron Pope
If you have business for the REA, you may present it yourself or ask your Faculty Representative to bring up the matter for you.
M E M B E R S H I P
P U R P O S E
Our by-laws define the purpose of the REA as follows:
1) To protect legal and human rights of all licensed employees (teaching personnel, child development specialists, juvenile detention center specialist (s), half-time or more employed under contract with the District)
2) To secure and maintain improved economic security and conditions of employment for all licensed employees
3) To attain instructional excellence
4) To achieve professional autonomy through self-governance
5) To achieve organizational excellence
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.