What we are about!
The Roseburg Education Association (REA) has approximately 300 regular members.
Our by-laws define the purpose of the REA as follows:
1) To protect legal and human rights of all licensed employees (teaching personnel, child development specialists, juvenile detention center specialist (s), half-time or more employed under contract with the District)
2) To secure and maintain improved economic security and conditions of employment for all licensed employees
3) To attain instructional excellence
4) To achieve professional autonomy through self-governance
5) To achieve organizational excellence
The Roseburg Education Association Faculty Representatives meet at the Umpqua Business Center 522 SE Washington Ave, Roseburg, OR 97470 at 4:15 P.M. on the first Thursday of each month. If you wish to address the body, please contact REA President, Camron Pope, for a spot on the agenda. If you have business for the REA, you may present it yourself or ask your Faculty Representative to bring up the matter for you.
Please remember to wear Red for Ed on Wednesdays!
REA Rep Meetings:
- May 28th (@Abby’s for Retirements)
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.