January 10th, 2019
REA Rep Meeting
Executive Board: Camron Pope, Tracy Grauer, Amanda Sandoval, Cindy Towers, Sherryl Bailey
Fir Grove: Lisa Pardon
Fullerton: Robin Huseth
Green: Gina Evenich
Hucrest: Kris Kelso
Fremont: Amy Grabinski, Teresa Martin
Jo Lane: Allison Gowey
Melrose: Janet Parrott, Kristy Schulze
RHS: Rachel Jackson, Nikky Barr
Sunnyslope: Scott Kelso
WInchester: Linda McGraw
Specials: Kristin Miller, Corina VanBurger
- Call to order: 4:17 Camron Pope
- Approval/additions to agenda: Motion made by Allison Gowey/Seconded by Kristin Miller. Motion carried.
- Approval of the minutes: .Motion made by Linda McGraw/ Seconded by Scott Kelso. Motion carried
- President’s report:
- Wear Red for Ed on Wednesdays, shoes, shirts, pants, scarfs or pins. This is to show solidarity and support for the Governor’s increased Education Budget.
- We need 40 members to go to Salem on President’s Day to rally on Capitol steps- OEA will pay mileage and hotel room for those who come from more than 100 miles away, lunches will be provided. Sign up at www.oregoned.org/RallyForStudents
- Counseling Services Reminder - Free Counseling Services are available from our insurance. 3 visits per incident. Contact Tracy Powell or Camron Pope for more information.
- Secondary VP report:
- President’s Day - Meet at 10 AM on the Capitol steps, there is a place reserved for educators. You will be receiving more information soon.
- Elementary VP report
- REA Scholarship - Any graduating child of a union member is eligible. Soon the information will be out in the NewsReview and the Guidance Center at RHS. Your child can attend any school to be eligible.
- Treasurer report
- DCEC Dues have been paid
- and 1099s out
- Consultant report - Excused
- Bargaining Support Team- Absent
- Comments and questions from the floor
- OEA Rep Assembly - April 26-27. Applications are available on the following link and due by Feb.22. You will have a half day sub on that Friday in order to get to Janzen Beach and be signed in by the time the Assembly begins at 6:00. We generally have 8 slots available and this is a two year commitment. Go to OregonEd.org and check out the events. https://bit.ly/2CgAGiA
- JoLane has tons of rocks and minerals to give away. Come to the school and pick them up. Contact Allison Gowey.
- Members want more information regarding the trip to Salem. Suggested to send out a survey monkey to get a list of interested members.
- Meeting adjourned: 4:45