September 6th, 2018
REA Rep Meeting
Executive Board: Camron Pope, Tracy Grauer, Cindy Towers, Sherryl Bailey, Bob Sconce
Eastwood: Emily Pettibone
Fir Grove: Sherri Good
Fullerton: Melanie Trevisiol, Carrie Rudsell
Green: Gina Evenich
Hucrest: Kris Kelso, Sandy Remington, Denise Emery
Jo Lane: David Morrocco, Allison Gowey, Janet Smith, Matt Hall
Melrose: Janet Parrott, Kristy Schulze
RHS: Larina Warnock, Rachel Jackson, Nikky Bark
Sunnyslope: Scott Kelso
WInchester: Linda McGraw, Amanda Sandoval
- Call to order: 4:17 by President, Camron Pope
- Approval/additions to agenda: Motion made by Allison Gowey, seconded by David Morrocco. Motion carried.
- Approval of the minutes: Motion made by Matt Hall, seconded by David Morrocco. Motion carried.
- President’s report
- SW Washington Strikes: A member has asked REA to support the SW Washington teachers on strike. Discussion was help regarding what type of support was intended. A letter from Camron would be preferred. A draft was requested prior to any motion, and more information is needed.
- Elementary VP opening. Applications available on this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mVAPgyhMWAR2xlIpHbVwClr4KESvReCLAmqDT7HLE3k/edit?usp=sharing
- Secondary VP report
- Please sign in and include your email address on the list for new reps going around.
- DCEC report: Local associations are represented at the DCEC meetings once a month. The group is working on recruitment and retention. The DCEC offers trainings such as Voya, Classroom Management, etc. If you have ideas for Professional Development , let Tracy know. They also offer a PLC Grant (flyer on back table), and other DCEC grants.
- OEA is offering a Performance Assessment online class beginning Sept. 24. Register now at www.oregoned.org/onlinelearning
- 2018 OEA Bargaining, Organizing and Advocacy Conference in Bend October 5-6. More info at www.oregoned.org/boaconference
- Check in with your building’s new hires; remind them about the REA website and how to access it.
- Elementary VP report: This position is open
- Treasurer report
- Working on Jannus stuff with OEA
- Banking signatures getting switched over
- Consultant report
- Information regarding Membership Provisions. If they aren’t paying dues, they do not get the support when they are in trouble. We will help with contract issues only. Sick leave pool is only for members of the association!
- Members need to drop by Sept. 30 in writing to OEA.
- Membership forms (ICS) need to be in by Sept. 10. Bob or Cindy can come pick them up if you need them to.
- NEA materials available on the back table.
- The new contract is posted on the website. Lots of changes.
- Pg. 21 tells of pay available if you have to move classes or schools right away after school starts.
- Having to reopen the contract to deal with Jannus issues in many districts, but Roseburg has been the easiest one to work with.
- Bob shared the Salary Summary and Insurance Contributions for Douglas County Districts
- Bargaining Support Team
- One of the goals is to get information out to the members. Get more people in our association involved.
- When meeting with those identified as Trusted and Respected. During the meeting with them, they asked REA to hold meetings in the buildings. Eastwood is holding the next meeting on October 4th. This meeting will begin at 4:30 to allow more time for Reps to get there. Everyone is welcome and it is hoped that more will come if the meeting is held at a school.
- Matt and David attended the Leadership Conference this summer. They had 3 days of classes. Matt passed out packets regarding the responsibilities of building reps. and went over mapping your building and how to hold monthly 10 minute meetings.
- Comments and questions from the floor
- Election for House District 7 - An interview of Christy Inskip will be held on Sept. 12 at 6 PM at Bohemia Elementary in Cottage Grove. If you would like to participate in the interview, contact David Morrocco. The interview must be held in order for OEA to lend support or endorsement for Christy Inskip against Cedric Hayden.
- National Board Certification - if you are still interested, contact Sherryl Bailey. The reimbursement information is now on the TSPC website.
- Meeting adjourned: 5:13
- REA Rep. Meetings
- 10/4 (Eastwood 4:30 PM)
- 5/30 (at Abby’s)
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at an Elementary School TBD
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at an Elementary School TBD
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at an Elementary School TBD
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at an Elementary School TBD
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at an Elementary School TBD
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at an Elementary School TBD
- Wednesday. June 12, 2019